Re: [BRHSlist] Nepotism on the Wymore

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Nepotism on the Wymore
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:50:10 EDT
OWIII and list

The only one of these guys I knew was Abe Holloway...I don't have my old
timebook here at the computer, but I remember that I worked with him at least
once....In fact it may have been my one trip braking on the Pioneer Zephyr
Running as Trains 44 (via Tecumseh) and 41-90 (via Table Rock and Wymore).
Summer
1958...A nice little memory I'm pleased to have in my "resume" of good times
past.

The brakeman (only one) on the PZ was also the '"traveling station
helper"...I remember dragging mailsacks into the depots at Sterling, Smartville
(St.
Mary's to you new guys) and other non-op stations after midnight....Talk about
sweat...there were no lightweight uniforms at that time and the wool serge got
pretty sweaty after a few stops.

Pete