Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1689

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Digest Number 1689
From: railbass@a...
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 23:42:33 +0000
I have recently acquired an LMB S-2 4-6-2, and it is a smooth runner and
relatively quiet, despite the outside-frame motor. My only concern with this
model is that it is equipped with a Delta trailing truck. I would like to
model the C&S Class F-3A series, #350-354, converted to oil burners by 1947
and equipped with the Elesco FWH of the LMB model. The C&S engines retained
the original outside-frame trailing trucks of the S-2s. Is anyone aware of a
model of this trailing truck or parts to make one? Has anyone done this type
of truck and have any advice on how to do it? Thanks for any help on
converting this fine model to a C&S prototype.
- John Manion
Denver, CO
railbass@a...