News at 11:00...new (old) CB&Q photos, plus the world premier of the CB&

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: News at 11:00...new (old) CB&Q photos, plus the world premier of the CB&Q Waltz! :)
From: "Jan Kohl" <jkohl@n...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 17:57:52 -0500
Got some pretty amazing things in today...in my second installment of photos
purchased from Bud Laws (great guy), I have a whole series of a CBQ
derailment...location and year unknown, I'm hoping some of you mature
railroaders will know the answers.. :)

John B. sent me all the sheets for the CB&Q waltz awhile back, and I attempted
to clean them up but couldn't get them to where an OCR would read them.However,
I finally found all the sheets again and sent them to my brotherlast night, he
sat down all day today and transcribed them to his music program, which then
compiled the piano and strings version of the waltz! Give a few thanks to my
brother, he's out of a job right now and I appreciate him taking the time to do
this for us. It will be playing in the background when you are looking at the
new-old pics! :) I hope you don't mind, John B., if so, please let me know...at
any rate, possibly be the first time anyone has heard this in what...50 years
or more?

I'll email the list again when I get them all posted...

Cheers!

::: computer security consultant :::

the pits - http://www.theuspits.com
castle graphics - http://www.castlegraphics.com