Serena, Il.

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Serena, Il.
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:26:31 +1300
Listers

There is a photo of an un-numbered motor car at Serena, Il. in "Diesels West"
page 24, and I'm trying to find out more about the town.
According to the Station Index (undated) in "Everywhere West", Serena was on
the Aurora - Streator timetable #72, together with Yorkville, Weldon, Ottawa
and Grand Ridge. Any ideas on its history?

In passing (as I thought the similar timetable numbers might suggest the two
routes might join) has anyone a copy of timetable #72A including Galva to New
Boston (via Nekoma, Woodhull, Viola and Aledo)? Were these the terminals for
this line? Studying the Station Index with an atlas suggests the track followed
a similar line to Highway 17 from Galva on the Aurora-Galesburg-Quincy line to
the Mississippi.

Thanks

Rupert