Re: [BRHSlist] F Unit Passenger Pilots

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] F Unit Passenger Pilots
From: JWelther@a...
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:36:18 EST
John,

> <I have
> already e-mailed Stewart to see if they can get a deal with Highliners to
> get
> the passenger pilots from the Highliners A unit kits separately at a
> reasonable price.>

How would they (Stewart) apply them to their model since the pilot is molded
onto the body?

> <Dave - Would
> the BRHS be willing and able to contact Highliners or Athearn, who I
> believe
> now own Highliners, to get HO passenger pilots sold separately to detail
> the
> Stewart, Life-Like, and standard Athearn F3 and F7 A units more accurately
> reflect Q practice? >

Athearn doesn't own Highliners but they have a business agreement. Athearn
does all the injection molding for them. The Athearn/Genesis kits use the
highliner parts but are assembeled in China. Part of the agreement between
the two companies is that Athearn will sell only decorated, assembled models
while highliners will only sell undecorated kits.

John Welther