Re: [BRHSlist] F Unit Passenger Pilots

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] F Unit Passenger Pilots
From: Jim's Junction/ John & Debbie Olson <trains28@a...>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:31:40 -0700
I have had good luck with the Cal-Scale passenger pilot (Walthers
#190-442) made of brass. It easily fits on Stewart/Kato & Proto 1000 shells
and I have put this pilot on all my F-3's. This pilot only works if you are
modeling the 'Q' in the later years when the doors were removed or- if you
have some Proto 2000 doors laying around from their E-8/9's you can glue
them on to the pilot with super-glue before painting (either open or closed)
for modeling locomotives when the doors were still in use. You may have to
bend the curvature of the pilot a little tighter to fit the Stewart and
Proto shells since they stick out a little on the side- but I have done this
on all my 'F's without a problem using pliers with a rag in the jaws so I
didn't mar the surface of the pilot.

John Olson
Billings, Mt