Need info about Rockford, Rock Island & St. Louis RR

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Need info about Rockford, Rock Island & St. Louis RR
From: "sdwest61275 <sdwest@m...>" <sdwest@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:08:59 -0000
Hello, group,

I'm working on a historical project in the Rock Island, IL area, and
am looking for any and all information regarding the "Q" predecessor
R,RI & St. L RR. Especially, when was it founded (I believe 1865-
1872), who were its officers, and what role did Ransom R. Cable play
in the developement of this RR? Is there a written history of this
early predecessor?

You can write me directly on here, or off-list at sdwest"AT"mchsi.com.
I would appreciate any information or leads as to where I can find
more about the history of this RR.

Thanks in advance,
Wade Calvert
Port Byron, IL