Q Bridge Colors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Q Bridge Colors
From: "thommack <mack@c...>" <mack@c...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:10:48 -0000
I am expanding my layout and have three new bridges going in. I
recently noticed several threads about the color of bridges on the Q.
Apparently they were Mineral Red, later repaints were done in silver.
I have gone through my books (Mike Spoor's in particular) and noticed
bridges in both these colors, but it also appears some bridges may
have been black. Is this true, or are they just badly weathered
Mineral Red?

As reference, my new bridges are as follows:

1 Walthers double track truss bridge (over a creek/river)

1 50' Micro Engineering deck girder to Vollmer single track truss
bridge to 50' Micro Engineering deck girder combination (over a
creek/river)

1 Vollmer single track truss bridge to Central Valley 70' Through
Girder bridge combination (truss bridge over the creek, through
girder over tracks)

I was thinking of painting the Walthers double track bridge Mineral
Red and the other two combination bridges silver.

Any thoughts on my color choices? Also, can anyone recommend whose
Mineral Red I should use to paint the double track bridge?

Tom