Re: [BRHSlist] Lions, tigers, and terrorists, oh my!

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lions, tigers, and terrorists, oh my!
From: "Rail Merchants International" <caboose@k...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:12:48 -0600
From: Robert Brown
To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 10:22 AM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Lions, tigers, and terrorists, oh my!

How paranoid can we become? What makes any of you duct tape-hoarding, plastic
sheet-wrapping chicken littles think a terrorist is going to bother with asking
a group like ours for information that he can obtain just as easily from the
USGS, the public library, any number of map-making web sites, or just getting
in a car and following the nearest rail line to its next yard?

Besides, based on our record of answering questions, he's likely to get 100
answers, 49 of which contradict the 50 previous answers and break down into
arguing over whether it is milepost 231.4 or 231.5, whether motor 501 was ever
painted white or had its headlight replaced in July of 1955 or August of 1954,
or whether coal loads were ever spotted at Aurora -- in other words, the poor
terrorists will be sucked into the very things that make this group so fun and
interesting.

And one more thing, when you report my unpatriotic outburst to John Ashcroft,
make sure you tell him I'm the Robert Brown in Missouri and not that nice
gentleman in Iowa.

Robert F. Brown
St. Charles, MO

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor