Re: [BRHSlist] Prague, was Re: Lines west depots

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Prague, was Re: Lines west depots
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:45:03 -0600
Randy,

While I no longer Dispatch the area here is a little run down on what
is really there:

Table Rock to Wymore: No regular service, no business. Line is used to
store baretables between Table Rock and Pawnee.

Wymore to Beatrice: Torn up except for a stub at Beatrice that might get
connected to the South end of the elevator for easier loading of long trains.

Crete to Beatrice: Daily service with business at Beatrice and Hoag.

Wymore to Red Cloud: Business at Endicott, Superior, & Red Cloud.
Local runs between Wymore and Red Cloud alternating directions each day.
No business at Wymore. Superior is fairly busy with most of work handled
by AT&SF local out of Newton. This is also the outlet for the Wymore to
Red Cloud local's business and exchange of units.

Red Cloud to Franklin: Out of service, but rail still supposed to be there.
Franklin and Alma: Served out of McCook, both these elevators load on
the mainline with derail protection.

At Orleans interchange with the NKCR is handled out of McCook.

Lester Jct to Hastings: Unit grain trains only. No local service, or business.
Unit grain loads and empties come from Strong City Sub at Superior.

Blue Hill to Bladen: Track in place but no business.

Ayr Jct. to Roseland: Roseland is a shuttle elevator served by a turn out
of Hastings as needed.

Hastings to Aurora: In service for grain or coal as needed and just got
some track improvements.

Culbertson to Imperial: five or six day a week service with lots of grain.

That's it,

Russ