Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Trains on the Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Trains on the Q
From: LaVerne Andreessen <LWAndreessen@f...>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:59:12 -0600
Thirty years ago, I recall seeing former Army cars in use by the New Ulm MN cheese plant. The side windows had been plated over. IIRC, it was the Kraft folks who used the cars.

LWA

Ken Martin wrote:

There is a Troop sleeper complete with the triple bunks at the "Feather
River Rail Society" at Portola, CA.

Ken Martin

cy svobodny wrote:

> Speaking of Troop Kitchens & Troop Sleepers. Were any
> of them saved "intact". They were very much a part of
> our history and should have an example of them on
> display or at least saved for their historical value.
> --- Russell Strodtz <vlbg@e...> wrote:

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243066.2826855.4185932.1927555/D=egroupweb/S=1706043004:HM/A=1377501/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b30890113200616000>