Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Trains on the Q

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Troop Trains on the Q
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:39:44 -0600
Several are in RR museums in varying states of repair and/or restoration.
None came through to preservation with original equipment intact, AFAIK.
The cars were intended to be recycled after the war and therefore were based
on a standard 50' boxcar frame, modified with diaphragms/doors on plate ends
and passenger compatible brake gear. The Alaska RR, New York Central / REA
and Burlington were the big revenue users of the cars.....most did not see
revenue service in any great numbers with most going directly into MOW
service.
Charlie