Alclad 2 Paint and Vacuum Plating

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Alclad 2 Paint and Vacuum Plating
From: "kd 423" <kd423@h...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:41:02 -0600
Bcc:

Alclad paint has a long track record in the plastic airplane & car market. I have used it on my 1/8th scale F1 models. Nothing comes remotely close to the finish.
You can find them at: http://www.alclad2.com/index2.html

However, it is not designed for brushing. It must be airbrushed to get optimal results. Just don't practice on your best piece. This is a "hot" lacquer finish. It WILL craze your unprimed plastic model and make them look like a Budd alligator purse. And don't forget good ventilation and a good respirator. I don't care what kind of paint you use or what claims a paint manufacturer makes. Always use a respirator.

If you want the best looking stainless finish I suggest you send your unpainted shells to the vacuum plater in Madison WI. or Canada for a chrome plate. Then airbrush an eggshell overcoat to take the gloss down after you decal. You will be able to represent every surface on the E's and passenger cars more accurately than a paint finish. Both vacuum platers have no minimum order. Send a junker shell along for them to plate and you to practice on. If anyone is interested in either one of these platers, email me. I'll dig up their address and post it. They both advertise in Scale Auto Enthusiast.

Good luck.

Randy
MP206