Re:Alclad II Stainless Steel

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re:Alclad II Stainless Steel
From: "docdenny34 <danspach@m...>" <danspach@m...>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:50:57 -0000

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Denny Anspach <danspach@m...> wrote:
> Andy Sperandeo just gave a new slide clinic on passenger cars at the
> recent Cocoa Beach, FL prototype meeting, and in it he
> enthusiastically endorsed the Alclad/gloss black solution to the
> on-going stainless steel "paint" issue.

I neglected to note a very important point in this issue: the finished
product HAS to be sealed because the Alclad does not react well to
routine handling. Andy uses Floquil Crystal Cote in this regard (fast
drying, does not react, and non-yellowing).

So (my understanding) : 1) Gloss Black (Andy uses Scale Coat); 2)
Alclad; 3) Crystal Cote; 4) Decals, 5) More Crystal Cote.

Denny