Re: [BRHSlist] 1965 Wreck @ Fairview

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 1965 Wreck @ Fairview
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:29:15 -0600
Leo,

You are probably right. The 1973 wreck of #97 would be the Belmont
depot crash party.

As for the 1965 incident IIRC the wrecker at Clyde had fallen on bad
times during the mid sixties and did not make many appearances.

The scale was no better with weighing being done at Eola.

It's rather interesting. Having traveled a lot and Dispatched territories
all over the place the Northern Illinois area of the CB&Q/BN is the only
place I've ever heard anyone talk about "Lapback". I am sure that there
are plenty of agreements that include the concept but no one ever makes
an issue of it or mentions it as a factor in some move. Every territory
seems to have a pet claim. My current territory it is the handling of or
changing batteries on Freds. They are evidently paying an arbitrary for
that because I always get asked my initials if it needs to be done. Like
I'm going to tell a crew not to use a Fred or go with a dead battery.
It sure ain't my money.

Russ