1965 Wreck @ Fairview

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: 1965 Wreck @ Fairview
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:32:21 EST
Thanks Bill. Was this the shifted plate of steel wreck? There was one where a
plate on a flat shifted and caught a Zephyr going the other way in or near
D.G.
Russ, no your thinking of the 1973 wreck of #97( If memory is correct).
Pretty sure I'm right as I made a ton of money as a result of that wreck. I
was called for a #185 or #85 behind that wreck and spent about 14 hours hours
in Cicero terminal on the train or in the bunkhouse. We were going to detour
BRC to Milw to Rockford and all other variations but finally we went straight
east end and watched as the Cats dug those holes at Belmont. We died on the
hog law at Aurora and next morning I'm on the East End w/f. We're on the way
back from Congress Park when order to put the train away in Downers Grove
yard and go to Belmont on # 1. We pull some of the rerailed cars back to the
yard at Downers set them out of the way and block them on both ends;grab our
train and go Eola. Thats a 100 mile lap back we just collected!
Leo