Re: [BRHSlist] re: "65 derailment/PRR wrecker

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] re: "65 derailment/PRR wrecker
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:58:04 -0800 (PST)
The railroads did indeed have such agreements. In
BB#35, I have a picture of the PRR wrecker, from East
St. Louis, cleaning up the wreck at Woodlawn. And of
course, the Centralia derrick was used for wrecks,
between East St. Louis and Princeton IN, on the
Southern, for many years. In the late 60's, the IC
derrick from Paducah, was used to clean up a coal
train derailment at Metropolis, (north of CB&Q Jct.,
not on the P&I).
John