Re: [BRHSlist] Re: C&NW/CB&Q Passenger Equipment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: C&NW/CB&Q Passenger Equipment
From: LaVerne Andreessen <LWAndreessen@f...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:13:15 -0600
I recall riding the e/b AZ out of the Twin Cities, and I asked the conductor about the car. He replied "we call these 'Heinemann cars' because they were purchased used from the North Western."

LWA

Charlie Vlk wrote:

The Ownership, Age & Condition for January 1, 1966 does not give any more
information than has been supplied below. However, not only the Q got the
cars....all are listed as 56 Seat Coaches, not chair cars, so if the
designation is consistant they should all be the same floor plan?

The cars did not share construction features one normally associates with UP
cars (rivited roof and external electrical busway down the center) and AFAIK
they were built to 400 standards and were primarily intended for 400
service, although some did get painted in the Streamliner colors for a time.

Charlie

56 Seat Coaches from C&NW for "Hill" Roads:

CB&Q #4650-4657 Silver paint scheme

GN #1076-1099 Empire Builder paint scheme

NP #518-526 Lowey paint scheme