Re: C&NW/CB&Q Passenger Equipment

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: C&NW/CB&Q Passenger Equipment
From: "rgp212000 <rgp21@p...>" <rgp21@p...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:59:16 -0000
According to the Morning Sun Color Guide, CB&Q purchased 8 CNW chair
cars between November 1963 and August 1964. CBQ renumbered the 8 cars
to #4650-4657 upon purchase.

The CNW cars were built by Pullman-Standard, probably from the CNW
3400 series since the photo in the above book does not show a
stewardess room window, for "400" service, as the Streamliner cars
had similar construction features as found on the UP cars. The cars
were re-built in 1958, when the side skirts were removed and
renumbered into the CNW 800 series. The Twin Cities 400 ceased
operating in 1963, never converting to bi-level cars like the
Flambeau 400. It usually had 4 or 5 of these coaches in its consist
and thus became surplus. I haven't been able to determine the
disposition of these cars.

Bob Pilk

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, Don L Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
wrote:
> Listers: Can anyone provide Gerald with the answers he seeks?
Thanks,