Re: KC, STJ & CB

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: KC, STJ & CB
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 20:50:06 -0600
Bcc:

Per Gross (Steam RR's listing), Bullard (Interurban listing), W.W. Baldwin (Corp History of the Q) & Overton (BR), the KCStJ&CB was a STEAM RR - there is no listing in Bullard of an interuran of a similar name. My 1898 ORER shows all KCSt&CB rolling stock as that of a steam RR (controlled from its inception by the Q); indeed it predated midwest interurbans. It was fully absorbed into the Q in 1904. Beginning in the 1890's it's rolling stock carried the BR herald with their initials in the bottom of the 'box' as did H&StJ, B&MR, etc. I once asked Bernie if he had any idea as to how many yrs it was after the 1904 consolidation before all rolling stock carried the plain BR herald - he thought he recalled a photo in the very early 20's that showed an old car with one of the affiliates old initials.
Gerald Edgar