Re: [BRHSlist] Old Monroe line?

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Old Monroe line?
From: "Haydens" <kliner@s...>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:44:08 -0600
Jan, The quarry south of Elsberry was called Cannon in the 1946 Timetable.
It was at MP 67. I have a 1943 TT that doesn't list this station, so it
must have started between those dates. There are still some remnants of the
facility but not much. The big derailment you are referring to happened at
Kissenger which is between MP 79 and MP 80 just south of Forgey's Bluff. A
few of those cars are still there to this day. I talked to the engineer who
was at the throttle of the train that derailed and he thought it may have
been around 1962. Just a guess. When I locate it I will send you a brief
history of the St Louis & Troy road.