The Calendar Mailing and Society Updates

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: The Calendar Mailing and Society Updates
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:45:24 -0600
To: Members and Friends of the BRHS

From: The BRHS Board of Directors

Date: December 28, 2002

This note is to keep you informed of the many changes that have occurred since
out last mailing.

In early September, we were notified that our mailing permit was canceled by
the U.S. Postal Service through an administrative snafu and would have to be
reapplied for. We appealed to get our permit reinstated and until that process
came to fruition (December 17) we could not get your Calendar mailed.

Your Annual Report will be mailed with the next Zephyr in February, 2003.
Zephyr editor Mike Spoor, due to a family emergency, found it necessary to
resign his directorship, Zephyr editorship, and Spring Meet Chair duties. We
all understand his responsibilities to his family and know that Mike will
volunteer as a Society member in the future as time allows. He has been an
important member of our team.

An interim staff is being readied to get the next issue of the Zephyr out in
February. Any information for inclusion needs to b sent immediately to the
Society's P.O. box in La Grange.

Gene Tacey is stepping into Mike's open directorship position and Gary
Olszewski is the Society's newest director, having been elected at the Annual
Meeting in September.

Hol Wagner has been hard at work on a large 200+ page Bulletin on the
Exposition Flyer that should be ready for the printer during the first quarter
of 2003.

Rich Gortwoski will be handling the Spring Meet in Mendota April 12th, 2003, so
put that date on your calendar.

We thought it reasonable to advise you of what has transpired since our last
mailing.