Re: [BRHSlist] Albia depot and the "Capital City Limited."

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Albia depot and the "Capital City Limited."
From: "Steven Holding" <s.holding@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:07:41 -0600
Steve
The building of the Red Rock Dam on the put the track under water. Due to
the traffic or lack of it the Government would only put in one track to be
shared by the CB&Q and the Wabash. Some trackage was Wabash and other Q
with the dispatching done by each company for a three year period. The
first Track Warrents the NS used were on the Albia Branch. Likewise the
last train orders the BN used on the Chicago Div. were on the Albia Branch.
Depots were often seperate so the men could smoke, chew and spit while the
ladies were kept clean in there own waiting room
sjh