Re: CB&Q Lashups

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q Lashups
From: "Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>" <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 02:53:25 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, <sdoyle19@i...> wrote:
> In the stupid question department, I know the Q sometimes
powered NP, GN and maybe UP heavyweights, but is there any
record of the Q power teaming up with a Santa Fe warbonnet F-7
heading West, even once, either irregularly scheduled or
borrowed power?

No question is stupid, but answers can be in error, incomplete,
or misguided and misguiding.... 8-) My remark is intended to
help the questioner and others become less concerned about
dumb questions. Also, it was not intended to insult anyone that
provides answers. Any one that knows me is well aware that my
mouth is capable of holding my 12D's, with ease....

Now for my feeble attempt.

Your question about a train heading west suggests that you are
on Lines East, perhaps at Cicero, or Galesburg. The others
replies are correct, the ATSF and CB&Q did not pool on Lines
East. A detour would operate without a CB&Q unit in the lead
because the CB&Q did not install a train control, or train stop
system. Only cab signals were used on a small portion of Lines
East.

As for operations on the Joint Line between Denver and Pueblo,
recall that C&S has trackage rights on ATSF ans DRG&W, so
operations between those points had different influences.