Re: CB&Q Lashups

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q Lashups
From: "thommack <mack@c...>" <mack@c...>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 21:46:28 -0000
Sounds like these were ATSF trains running over Q tracks, but was the
power ever pooled during that time?

I know that ATSF power frequently ran with C&S power south of Denver.
There are at least two pictures of mixed consists in Fulcomer's C&S
book showing an ATSF RSD5 in a lashup with C&S F's and SD's. Pretty
awesome mix (almost makes me want to model Denver and south). Think
I'll prbably stick to a C&NW or MILW interchange though, to get my
Alco RS/RSD fix (and maybe some pooled Atlas PRR or PC C424's/C425's).

Speaking of Alco's, the picture of the Q GP40 and UP C630 running
elephant style in Mike's Volume 4 was absolutely awesome! Makes me
seriously consider looking for a Stewart Models UP C630.

Tom

--- In BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, bradslaney@w... wrote:
> I remember warbonnets running on the Q once when the ATSF
Mississippi bridge
> was out of commission. They went Ft. Madison/Burlington/Galesburg,
then
> back onto their home rails at Galesburg. I think that was in the
early 60s.
> I'm sure there were probably other instances.
>
> BRAD

NP, GN