Re: [BRHSlist] Union History Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Union History Question
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:05:53 -0800 (PST)
Leo
On the Q, yardmen were represented by the BRT, all
along. The "snakes", SUNA never did represnt them. On
the Beardstown Division, at least, they were in the
same Lodges as the roadmen, but had different
seniority rosters. The Beardstown Division had a
Beardstown and a Centralia Lodge, but one road roster
(division-wide), and at first, a roster for each yard.
Then in 1957, the "coal field" yards and Centralia
yard merged rosters, with Beardstown yard joining in
1960. Later in 1960, all yards and the road roster
merged.
John