Re: [BRHSlist] Union History Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Union History Question
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 21:03:40 -0800 (PST)
Leo
I have an old engineer's roster, marked up by the
local chairman. It has the letters "E", "F", "DH" or
"NB", beside each name. "E" was BLE, "F" was BLF&E,
"DH" was double header or membership in both unions
and "NB" was no bill or membership in no union! When
you think about how often you got set back it isn't
any wonder that they stayed in the trainmen's union
then go to the ORT. I knew some the yardmasters who
stayed in the BRT rather than go to the yardmaster's
union. By the way, did you know that the dining car
sewards were represented by the BRT.

John