Silver or Pullman Green

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Silver or Pullman Green
From: "Richard Patterson" <rpatter@t...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:03:17 -0700
Rupert,
Your list of silver cars was very helpful. From photos it appears it was very
common for trains 29 and 30-Denver to Billings (as well as many others) to run
with combinations of green and silver heavyweight cars. The above mentioned
trains, in the 60s, nearly always had a silver coach on the rear (I suspect it
was often C&S #554).

However, as always, one question answered leads to more. On page 40-41 of
Holck's Burlington Route Color Pictorial- Vol. 2 is a photograph of train #29
heading north throught the Wind River Canyon (just south of here). The baggage
car in that photo is clearly pullman green, but looks to me to have a silver
roof. Any opinions or information would be appreciated.

Rick Patterson
Worland, Wyoming