Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington Sleeper

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington Sleeper
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:13:36 -0700
Marshall, I found a picture of a pullman in a picture dated 1957 that had
Pullman on the letterboard and the style looked like railroad roman. I could
not identify the color of the lettering. Did the sleepers on the Q have
bronze gold or dulux gold lettering?

I haven't seen documentation on it, but I recall hearing somewhere that
Pullmans repainted after around the mid-forties got duluxe lettering. It was
pretty close to when the divestiture took place, I think -

Marshall