Re: [BRHSlist] Grilles and Radiators

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Grilles and Radiators
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:35:32 EDT
As a matter of "realizm"..the nose of E units was always full of
miscellaneous clutter.
Chains, knuckles, pins, flags....with broken sticks blocks, rerailing frogs
etc.

As to the toilets during my days as a trainman I never saw anyone use any of
the "facilities"...they were always so rotten and plugged up that any other
place "to go" was better than the toilets provided.

Remember that there were no "facilities" either for human intake ie water or
output on steam engines and crews got by for 100 plus years.

Pete