Re: Last post..Motorcar on Keokuk Streets...

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Last post..Motorcar on Keokuk Streets...
From: "qmp211" <kd423@h...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:06:45 -0000
Hi Everybody,

The Edwards motorcar from the Minerville RR has been leased out again
to the power company at Keokuk for use on that dam railway. It was
leased earlier this year for construction work. The interior is taking
a beating. Don't know anything else.

So easy does it Marshall. Ain't gonna be any mainline railfan specials.
I could hear the wheels turning from here.....

But the IRM is talking about retrucking their NE12 with Frisco trucks
for offsite operation. They have the certified trucks. They were
shooting for Galesburg RR Days. They only need to reconfigure the brake
rigging. We shot it for the book knowing that if they change they won't
go back. Insult to injury, the trucks have a big Frisco casting pattern
on them. It's not a pleasant sight. You only want to look from the
waist up.

Randy Danniel