Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Last post..

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Last post..
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:01:19 -0700
>>> Marshall,

Whose collection was this Edwards motor car from and why is the
collection being broken up? <<<

This is embarrassing - I can't remember the name of it to save my soul, but
some individual bankrolled the collection and restoration of some fairly odd
stuff & set it up to operate on remnants of the old St.L.K.& N.W. at a point
just off US 218 between Donnellson & Keokuk, Iowa. In addition to the Edwards
car and the CB&Q way car, he had some other equipment, including (restored to
run) one of the Rock Island's dinky little 0-6-0 gas-mechanical Davenports. As
I say, it was privately owned and funded, and when I was last there (around
1997?), the stuff was around, but all locked up. Privately funded operations
like this one are fragile - the owner's ill-health, finances, or even death can
ruin the whole deal. That's why I was wondering if anyone else knew about the
disposition of the equipment - I'd hate to think of any restored equipment of
this odd character just vanishing from the scene . . .

Marshall Thayer