Re: [BRHSlist] contol of trains on non-signaled routes

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] contol of trains on non-signaled routes
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:59:38 -0400
Marshall,
You're right that the Moora spur wasn't considered a branch in terms of
there being any scheduled train. My assumption is that one of the Keokuk
switchers simply ran cars up and down the hill whenever needed. In reality,
the spur leaves the main within the yard limits. My problem is that if I
move it on the layout, it would be beyond the yard (although probably still
within official yard limits since they extend beyond the yard for a distance
in each direction). If it's within yard limits, what would the procedure be
for a train coming off the spur and wanting to head out on to the main in
non-signaled territory?

Duncan