Re: [BRHSlist] #4960 pilgramage in Arizona

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] #4960 pilgramage in Arizona
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:29:02 -0500
Talk about mixed emotions....happy she has been rebuilt and is in
operation....but the USRA front end and six wheel
tender.....really!!!......not an O1a without the archbar trucked tender
withthe sidedboards pounded over to make a poor man's clear-vision
tender....and not the 4960 without the heat-cracked patched flat smokebox
front!
But then again I am a guy who thinks a day's worth of fantrip should cost
under $10... which includes the dinky ticket to and from Union Station.....
and might even be for exclusive use by one's model railroad club of a dome
car for the entire trip!
Charlie