Re: [BRHSlist] contol of trains on non-signaled routes

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] contol of trains on non-signaled routes
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
Operating within yard limits, the proceedure would be
to make a "telephonic check" of overdue first class
trains w/the dispatcher (or in some areas, the local
train order operator) before getting back on the main
track. In later days, this was actually done by radio.
Of course, on sub-divisions without first class
trains, this was not needed. Second class and extra
trains had to move within yard limits "prepared to
stop, unless the way is seen and known to be clear".
See rules 93 & 908.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.
--- Cynthia & Duncan Cameron <d.cameron@s...>