newby

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: newby
From: "Wally & Barb Daffner" <wbw13187@h...>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 07:48:32 -0500
Listers:

Greetings from a newcomer. While I have been in the hobby for a time, I have
not been in a position to participate in very many of the various activities,
especially posting to the group.

I do appreciate all the information that is shared among the group. Personally,
I have nothing to pass along of an historical nature, although the city I live
in was once served by three railroads. At this point in time, we have one depot
still standing, and no train traffic.

My limited layout area is still under development. I am planning to model the
transition era, and yes, I picked the Q.

I already have several good running diesels, and the Genesis 2-8-2 Light
Mikado. My question is basically, what equipment would have been in use in the
mid-fifties? My hazy and non rail related memory contains no information that
is of any use to me.

If anyone can help me by suggesting a small roster of locos (steam or diesel) I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all for your support.

Wally D.