Re: [BRHSlist] Q gon identification help

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Q gon identification help
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
Eric
They were not strictly speaking "mill gons". The car
was a 40' drop end class GE-1 or GE-2 which had both
drop end and drop bottom doors. GE-1s had arch bar
trucks, were built by Pressed Steel Car Co. in 1910,
#76000-76999 and GE-2s had Andrews trucks, were built
by Haskell & Barker in 1914, #179000-179999.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.