Re: [BRHSlist] Q gon identification help

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Q gon identification help
From: Eric Mumper <eric_mumper@m...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:32:11 -0500
Sender: ericm
John,
Thanks for the reply. I went back to my handy dandy Q in the
Coalfields Bulletin and looked up the cars you mentioned and they are
not the cars shown at Anthony. The GE-1 and GE-2 are all steel cars and
the cars in my photo are composite gons. The drop end gons are a car
class on the Q I am completely unfamiliar with, but may have been used
for other implement companys (Cat, John Deere, Austin Western). I plan
on bringing these pictures to the annual meet because they show an
interesting aspect of the Q that is rarely (at least to me) seen. I
also need to identify the trucks being loaded as well.

Eric Mumper