Re: [BRHSlist] Photo's of Villisca And Clarinda Structures in the 30's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Photo's of Villisca And Clarinda Structures in the 30's
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:35:10 EDT
Richard

Do you have the Burlington Bulletin (don't remember the number) which
featured the TRAINS OF THE GODS AND GODDESSES and OS CRESTON.

The OS Creston article is one of my all time favorites. It has some pictures
of steam and diesel operation on the Creston-P Jct. sub late 40's early
50's.. I think also that Corbin's STEAM LOCOMOTIVES OF THE BURLINGTON ROUTE
has pictures which show the Clarinda RH.

The Clarinda Depot and Freight House are still in place on site and restored.

I have photos of the Villisca Depot and Engine house from the early 1950's.
Enginehouse was down to one stall by then.

That end of the railroad is one with which I'm pretty familiar.
Villisca-Clarinda-Corning Bigelow and Creston P Jct. If you can be patient
I'm in the process of getting my old photos organized and would be glad to
give you whatever help I can.

At Clarinda you can still see the old RH footings and the concrete between
the cinder pits. Thats of about 3 years ago. I haven't been there for
awhile.

BTW where are you, perhaps Maryville. I grew up at Rock Port.

Let's talk.

Pete Hegpeth