Re: [BRHSlist] Galesburg Junction Names

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Galesburg Junction Names
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@p...>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 07:59:40 -0500
Darren,

Pulled some stuff out of the past the first time, now I'll move
right up to the present.
BTW, the original Quincy Main was in the middle of the yard
leads. There was a tight wye East of the Roundhouses that
connected with the Peoria Main at Chamber St.

Now, from East to West here are the current control points:

Advance Track to MT #1 at MP 161.9 is: "Plant C"
Savanna Main to MT #1 at MP 162.2 is: "Plant B"
Depot area is: "Plant A" with MP 162.5 as: "East" and
MP 162.7 as: "West"
Wye from yard leads to Passenger Main West of depot and
connecting switches is: "Academy"
Connection between current Quincy Main and Peoria Main
is: "Knox St."
Crossover at 164.3 is called: "Thirwell"
Control point at North entrance to yard is: "North R&D"
Over on the Passenger Main side the end of double track
at MP 165.5 is called: "Clay"
On the Qunicy Main the double crossover at MP 165.6 is:
"Waterman"
Moving South from the hump there are three control points:
"S R&D North", "S R&D Center", & "S R&D South".
Where everything starts to come together South of Waterman
is: "S Waterman". It goes to single track at: "Saluda", MP 168.1
On the tie plant side MP 165.3 is: "W Waterman".
MP 168.4, junction with the Passenger Main is: "Graham".

Hope this helps.

The VLBG

PS: Standard Santa Fe Mechanical Dept. joke is: "If it's raining
outside it's raining harder inside a U30CG, you don't go there to
get dry, you go there to get wetter!"