Hubinger Tank Cars

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Hubinger Tank Cars
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 09:05:34 -0400
I really appreciate the help that people have given me recently in modelling
the Keokuk, Iowa Hubinger plant and its operations. I'm still waiting for the
boxcars from Walthers, but its obvious that I'm going to have to get some
tankcars eventually as well. Since I'm modelling the early sixties it looks
like 8k and 10k gallon cars are about the right size. Can anyone suggest a
particular model based on personal recollections of the Hubinger cars? I
noticed that there are both cars and decals available in N scale, but a search
at Walthers doesn't show any for HO. I may have to see if I can get a special
run done by someone. If there are N scale decals already, how hard would it be
to blow them up to the proper size for HO? Thanks for any advice.
Duncan