Re: [BRHSlist] Quincy,Il

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Quincy,Il
From: Steve Scherer <stevescherer@y...>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:48:02 -0600
Before J. M. Huber bought it, the company was known as Calcium Carbonate Company or (C.C.C.). I'm not sure what they shipped, I assume anything to do with limestone. The company is South of Quincy and the do their mining in caves along the bluffs about half a mile east of the Mississippi River. Together with ADM (ex Quincy Soybean) they seem to account for most of the freight shipped by rail from Quincy. Some of the leftover mine caves are used for an underground warehouse. The local Miller beer distributer is located there. There is a rail siding that goes into the warehouse, I'm not sure if it is used.

Steve
Quincy, IL