Re: [BRHSlist] Quincy,Il

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Quincy,Il
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:40:25 -0400
I'm curious about these plants in Quincy because calcium carbonate was one
of the materials I believe was shipped in by National Carbide in Keokuk,
Iowa. Does anyone happen to know whether this kind of traffic did take
place between Quincy and Keokuk? If so, what kind of cars were most likely
to carry the calcium carbonate? And what would have been the preferred
routing? Cars could have crossed to West Quincy and then gone north up the
K-line; they also could have gone up the Illinois side and been transfered
to the Wabash to cross the Mississippi. If any one has facts, memories or
vague recollections I'd appreciate hearing about them.
Duncan Cameron