Don Lamb's Presentation Was:Re: Overton/Streator Meet

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Don Lamb's Presentation Was:Re: Overton/Streator Meet
From: "ed_de_rouin" <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:18:07 -0000
Bill and Others unable to Attend:

I first saw Don Lamb present the story of the building of the
AT&SF eastward from KC during the SFM&HS Meet in Oakbrook,
IL in 2000. My initial thoughts were that the presentation was
wonderful, enlightening, and entertaining. My second thought
was that it should be shown to the BRHS because the story was
interwoven with the CB&Q and others. So, I mentioned that to
Don, Bob Kosic and Jim Singer. Don's presentation Saturday
was revised ti improve the balance due to the BRHS and
GM&OHS members in the audience. This is not to imply the first
telling lacked balance, but it was more focused upon the history
of the AT&SF.

Regarding the Overton files. Due to Don's tenacity at the
Newberry, the research notes of R. C. Overton are now available
for the serious researcher. Until Don helped uncover the
records, they were unknown and uncatalogued. The records
were safely stored, but due to staffing and resource limitations,
were not available.

Ed DeRouin