Re: [BRHSlist] Diesel Engine Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Diesel Engine Question
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:09:55 -0800 (PST)
Bob,
In the days of cheap diesel fuel, this was one of the
prime reasons for this practice,(in case of a leaking
head gasket, not an uncommon occurrence), another was
to save the wear and tear on the batteries. Of course
in freezing weather, it was to prevent a freeze up,
since the engines were water cooled with no
anti-freeze!
John D. Mitchell, Jr.