Re: [BRHSlist] Genesis/Highliner F-3/7 more questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Genesis/Highliner F-3/7 more questions
From: Lyle Dowell <slyone@i...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 22:26:47 -0600

> Only time I ever saw the red lights turned on in any F's or E's was
> when they were in emergency. This very well could occur at
> station where cars were cut out or added. If there was any manual
> control in the cab for that light I sure do not recall it but I wasn't an
> Engineer either.
>
> Russ

One instance for the red being lit I know of on the Northern Pacific,
which I could see as a distinct possibility on the Q, was on passenger
locomotives stopped on a track NOT adjacent to the station platform. If
passengers had to detrain across tracks to get to the platform, the red
was on and no oncoming traffic could move past. Whether this was true on
the Q I don't know, but it does seem a logical use and it was done on
another 'Hill' road.

Lyle Dowell

--