RE: [BRHSlist] Names on C B & Q

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Names on C B & Q
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:44:45 -0600
Cc: <ecallary@n...>
If you already exhausted the sources I suggested (and did not find the
information that they contain) then your request for additional help is
understandable. I know that these county histories (mostly from the 1870's)
are pretty good sources for the kind of information you are looking for.
My wife is a reference librarian (with her MLS from Northern) and every day
she sees patrons who have the desire for all things to be answered instantly
from the internet.
Schools are teaching this to grade and high school students. The internet
gives answers (sometimes great source information such as this list where
you can get firsthand narratives from people who where there) but some of
the information derived from the net is useless, uncited with very suspect
credibility.
Sorry you take exception to my comment.....I was just struck by the irony
that the Editor of a Journal in the English Department of a major university
would be asking such open questions rather than contributing the results of
his research to this group.
Charlie