Re: [BRHSlist] 'Q UBoat horns, sight and sound

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 'Q UBoat horns, sight and sound
From: Charles Tomashek <cht@r...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:39:37 -0600

Five Chime Consultants page is a great place to start, but I found the
clincher for me was playing the notes (found on Five Chime Consultants web
page) on an electronic synthesizer (Korg) using the lower brass patch.
Playing the notes on the Synth will let you listen to a perfectly tuned
horn. None of the recordings I have found on the web matched the Synth for
being as "in tune" as I remembered the Green Bay and Western's Nathan P3's.
GB&W must have spent a few man-hours keeping the D-minor P3's in perfect
tune.

Charles Tomashek

'Q listers:

I'm writing for a friend who is trying to program the DCC horns for his Q
U25B and U25C.

Can anyone identify the unusual horns used on these units?

Leslie or Nathan?

Two chimes/bells or three?

Any idea which notes were delivered by these horns?

Does anyone make a model for them? (My question)

Many thanks

Tim Costello
Irvine, CA

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT