RE: [BRHSlist] Re: Flatlanders???

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Re: Flatlanders???
From: "Harold S. Huber Jr." <sarge9@f...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:11:36 -0700
Pete,
I am a semi native of Sheridan, My folks moved here the day I graduated from
high school in 1964, we were in Casper, WY at that time and I am a native of
Wyoming born in Thermopolis. I entered the service after high school and
spent 27 years there. Came back to Sheridan in 1989 Sheridan was always my
home of record. They may call that Ulm hill I do know that the bridge over
the tracks at the top is called Smokey bridge as when steamers and even
diesels reach there they are really putting out the smoke.
There is a book out by 'Smokey' Edwards from Buffalo on the Wyoming
Railroad, Which ran from Clearmont Wyoming to Buffalo Wyoming. The title is
(Something) Bluff. Smokey's daughter works at Alabams in Buffalo and could
direct one to him to purchas the book and sign it.
Harold Huber
Sheridan, WY

Harold

Wasn't the hill east out of Sheridan referred to as Ulm Hill. My
grandfather
traveled that territory in the early 1900's...1908-17 and always referred
Ulm as "Ulum".

Pete Hedgpeth

referring to my just sent post re Burlington in Transition there is a
short
feature on the Wyoming RR. I remember meeting two old WRR employees when
in
the area in 1949. Dan Kellier, and Bert Briggs. If you are a native of
Sheridan (and are old enough) you might remember them.