Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Flatlanders???

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Flatlanders???
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:09:27 EST
Harold

Wasn't the hill east out of Sheridan referred to as Ulm Hill. My grandfather
traveled that territory in the early 1900's...1908-17 and always referred to
Ulm as "Ulum".

Pete Hedgpeth

referring to my just sent post re Burlington in Transition there is a short
feature on the Wyoming RR. I remember meeting two old WRR employees when in
the area in 1949. Dan Kellier, and Bert Briggs. If you are a native of
Sheridan (and are old enough) you might remember them.

Also I have photos of my Dad as a youngster on the front porch of the
Sheridan Inn
probably about 1910, a picture of me at about the same age (about 1942) in
the same spot, and my son about same age (1965) at the same place.

We had lunch at the Sheridan Inn summer 1995 while visiting my grandfather's
cousin (age 92...now deceased). I hope that this historic spot will survive.

If you are a native of Sheridan and are interested in "old stuff"...let me
know and I'll shoot you a few more names and rembrances.

Pete Hedgpeth